It’s the time of year where we BBQ by the pool and drink ice cold lemonade while we celebrate our independence. It’s also a great time to update your look and learn some new ways to feel great while you beat the heat.
Happy 4th Style Setters!
1. Great Framed. You would be surprised at how a new pair of sunglasses can instantly make you feel and look more chic. Shop for shades that fit your face and your style. I love the classic aviator shape to channel your inner Cate Blanchett in The Aviator. Or opt for the trendy cat eye style to satisfy your inner fashion rebel.
2. Wedge it. Wedges have been making a statement in the shoe world for years, but have never had the presence they have today. These stacked heels combine height and comfort. A good pair of wedges can usually be worn for 8 hours or more! There are many versions of the wedge to choose from, but some of my favorites this season are by Joie and Dolce Vita.
3. To the Maxi. Most people associate maxi dresses with the beach, but this summer, designers have taken the maxi style to the streets. From stripes to solids, the maxi has most defiantly had a makeover. If your on the petite side, it’s best to look for styles that are tea length or right above the ankle. This is an incredibly popular cut and works with most heights.
4. To Dye For. During the hot summer months, most of us let our hair “do it’s thing”, but the sun can do a number on our color. Instead of booking a pricey salon appointment, run over to your neighborhood CVS and pick up some foam hair color. This is the newest advancement in at-home hair color and gives you salon quality results without the mess.
Photo Credit: Fashion Gone Rogue
One of my favorite parts of my job is getting the opportunity to work with strong women entrepreneurs. Erin Hall and April Madigan are the dynamic duo behind the successful website Boutiquing.com. Their site highlights boutiques from around the country while showcasing trends and latest arrivals you must just can’t miss. They are also good friends of mine, so I was thrilled when they asked me to be apart of this unique photo-shoot.
The challenge was to use a new Dior makeup eyeshadow palette on six very different complexions. Lucky for us, we had a super talented makeup artist and my favorite photog, Tricia Meteer of Equinox Photo to make all of the ladies uniquely fabulous. The result was a classic photos with a modern twist!
For more photos visit the Sophie Mae Style Facebook Page
Photos by Tricia Meteer of Equinox Photo, Makeup by Steve Kassajikian, Styling by Sophie Mae Style with clothing provided by Intermix, Photos taken at the Hidden Jewel Boutique.
Posted in Beauty, Fashion
Tagged Beauty, Boutiquing, Christian Dior, Dior, fashion styling, fashion stylist, Intermix, personal shopper, personal shopper orange county, Personal Style, personal stylist in orange county stylist, Photoshoots, Shopping, Trends
Inspired by my new favorite beauty blog, Into The Gloss, I have decided to do a post dedicated to my beauty regimen and must-have products. As some of you may know, I am a self-proclaimed beauty addict and have more products than a stuffed Sephora isle. I worked in the cosmetic industry for over 6 years and love helping my clients shop for the best in skin-care and color when completing a look.
My skin-care routine consists of washing my face morning and night with Origins A Perfect world Cleanser, using Clear Pore Astringent by Neutrogena, applying Olay Complete All Day Moisture Cream with SPF 15 and finishing off with Origins GinZing Eye Cream to brighten and moisturize. I have not missed a day of AM/PM washing since I was 11. I would rather die than go to bed with my makeup on, no matter how tired I may be! I apply sunscreen religiously and refuse to leave the house without it. I’m also a huge fan of facial scrubs, so I use Origins Modern Friction Scrub twice a week.
I have loved makeup since I was a little girl, applying Cleopatra-like eyeliner in my Grandma’s mirror. I keep it simple on a daily basis by blending some Covergirl TRUconceal Concealer under my eyes and to even out my skin tone. Next, I’ll apply my favorite drugstore find, Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, with a big powder brush. I’m obsessed with NARS Blush in Orgasm and use it daily for a flawless glow. I complete my look by using Lancome Color Design in “The New Black” as eyeliner and Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black. When going out at night, I add a bit more drama by creating a smoky eye and mauve or berry lipstick.
I love a mani-pedi as much as the next girl, but I find it very relaxing to paint my nails myself. I’m totally addicted to NYC In a New York Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish in Manhattan, Lincoln Center, Chelsea and West Village. The colors are super vibrant and dry so fast! I also apply Orly “Won’t Chip” after I color my nails. It really adds shine and sets your polish for a week or more.
My hair routine is fairly simple compared to my makeup and skincare. I keep my hair color looking fresh by using L’Oreal Everpure Shampoo and Conditioner because it’s free of harsh chemicals. My husband even steals it from me because he loves how moisturizing it is. After I wash and condition my hair, I use Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Repair Rescue Sealed Ends. It’s the best at keeping split ends at bay. I like to keep my hair really low-maintenance and I only go for a trim a few times a year.
My signature fragrance is Chance by Chanel, but I also collect other perfumes by Dior, Marc Jacobs and Yves Saint Laurent.
Favorite Spa: Kinara Spa in Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Place for a Haircut/Blowout: Fed Segal Salon in Santa Monica, CA
Favorite Massage: Glen Ivy in Brea, CA
Looking for a new beauty routine? Let Sophie Mae show you how to shop for your skin-care and color needs.
Illustration by Garance Doré
If you’re anything like me during the Holidays you know how it is to rush from work to a family gathering, to a party, to another party with hardly anytime to prep in-between. All this running around can be hard on our faces and melting eyeliner becomes our worst enemy. The trick is being prepared to look fabulous in just minutes, even if you have to apply your lipstick in the back of a taxi cab.
There are a few key items you should keep with you at all times this Holiday season. These will be your beauty ammo with which you will fight the “smudge”. It should take you no more than five minutes to a flawless face that will take you from work to working it.
The Five Minute Face:
1. Apply concealer where needed (1 min): You will still have some foundation on from the morning, so just touch up under the eyes and wherever you may be a bit red. I love Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage Concealer (sephora.com).
2. Line your eyes with eyeliner (2 mins): Line the eyes with a flattering liner and then use your finger to blend. For a smoky eye, apply on the top and bottom lids. Try Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner (drugstores).
3. Curl your lashes and apply mascara (1 min): Curling your lashes will make you look more awake and make your eyes pop. If you don’t have mascara on already, apply it to the top and lower lashes. Check our Dior’s DiorShow Mascara (sephora.com).
4. Apply lipstick or gloss (1 min): Finish your look with your favorite gloss or lipstick. I usually prefer using lip gloss just because it’s easier to apply in a hurry. I use NARS Lip Gloss in Orgasm (sephora.com).
Sophie Mae has worked in the cosmetic industry for over 6 years. Let her help you shop for a makeup look this holiday season!